Thursday, April 11, 2013

~jesus people~

Far too often, I miss the opportunity to be Jesus to others. I'm so caught up in what I'm doing most of the time that my "Jesus moment" flies right by without me even noticing.
 
A couple nights ago, I was reminded that I should spend more time paying attention to others' needs and less to my own. 
 
Yesterday I took an exam that I had spent the whole night before studying for. Memorizing every muscle in the body (including its origin, insertion, and action) is a rather tearful process, especially when you procrastinate preparing for it until the night before.
 
(I put the word "pro" in "procrastinate")
 
I could not, for the life of me, keep my concentration for anything longer than a split second where I live (with a 2 year old and 7 year old) so before I knew it, I was en route to Starbucks...my go-to "get a lot of last minute studying done" sanctuary.
 
a couple blocks down the road and I found myself at a stop light....
 
*Holy Spirit chimes in*
 
Instead of turning right to go to my so called "sanctuary", I made the last-second decision to go left...to the REAL sanctuary.
 
I live just a few blocks away from a perpetual adoration chapel, which I LOVE! But do not take advantage of nearly as much as I should!
 
I had heard in the past about how Pope John Paul II used to do his studies in front of the Blessed Sacrament, so that is where my studies would take place that night as well.
 
I got there around 7:30 pm.....
 
8:30 rolls by......
 
9:00...
 
9:30.......I'm losing my mind.
 I can't handle looking at a picture of bare muscles anymore!
 
Somewhere in that time a friend of mine whom I do not know that well, and honestly I could not think of her name at that moment (I had to facebook her to figure it out!), stopped in for a quick visit with Jesus and noticed that I was studying. She asked what I was studying for and what time my test was so that she could pray for me during that time.
 
After quickly answering her questions we both went back to what we were doing. I didn't even notice her leave a few minutes later until she came back with an iced mocha and a chocolate chip cookie......FOR ME!
 
She said "I thought you could use this", as she handed me what I could only describe as heaven in a cup.
 
She saw her opportunity and seized it, two things that I must strive to do more often!
 
 
 
 


No comments: